- Don’t – Buy flowers
- Don’t – Say ‘I love you’
- Don’t – Book a restaurant
- Don’t – Overspend on gifts
- Don’t – Post a valentines day picture on social media
· Do – Look at old photo’s together
· Do – Write each other a love letter of what you love about them
· Do – Pack a picnic or re-create your first date
· Do – Reminisce about your favourite moments & highlights reel
· Do – Cook your favourite meal together
· Do – Involve your children before their bedtime
· Do – Switch off the lights and technology, light candles and get intimate
What is Love?
At A Higher Branch we are expanding the scope of Valentines day. Love is not just about romance but also about love for self, love for family (including pets :), love for friends, love for colleagues and love for humanity generally, including strangers and the customers we serve or the random person that serves us.
A simple note of appreciation in an email or kind words in person or over the telephone are unexpectedly nice and will make a person’s day. It’s that easy and yet so powerful. As Dr Guy Winch says, LOVE does not have to be grand. It’s in the little gestures and words to show people they are valued.
And remember that showing love to people who are nice is easy. Showing love to people you don’t know or who appear unfriendly is where true greatness lives. Often, they are the people who need our love the most.
Happy Valentine’s day to all of you!