By Sam Makhoul
Have you ever wanted to achieve greatness but don’t know how? Have you ever thought about what greatness actually means and why it exists?
These are thoughts most of us have. That’s why we’ve collated the top 10 attributes of greatness to help us all achieve and succeed in all areas of life.
So, What Does It Take To Live Life Less Ordinary?
- Ordinary people can fool anyone in the short term. Great people build trust and earn respect for the long term.
- Ordinary people panic about deadlines and forget their priorities. Great people know that spending time with family and friends and doing work that matters is all that counts.
- Ordinary people spend too much time talking and complaining. Great people take action quietly and without fuss.
- Ordinary people watch TV when they get home. Great people read/listen to books, write in their journal and meditate.
- Ordinary people seek attention. Great people let their work and conduct speak for them.
- Ordinary people dodge responsibility – “someone else will clean up the problem”. Great people take ownership of challenges with a smile on their face.
- Ordinary people gossip and tear others down to get ahead. Great people take others with them on the way up.
- Ordinary people skip class or lectures or seminars. Great people know that education and learning pay off.
- Ordinary people pick up takeaway food on the way home. Great people pick up groceries, cook at home and make enough for lunch the next day.
- Ordinary people react defensively to customers with gripes or demands. Great people listen patiently and show empathy.
We all can act ordinary sometimes. Great people, however, are mindful when they are being ordinary and step up to greatness every time.