Sports Chiropractor And Accredited Exercises Physiologist
Luke Khoury is a Sydney-based sports chiropractor and accredited exercises physiologist.
Since a young age, he has been drawn toward physical activity after taking part in an array of sports from representative soccer, athletics and surf boat rowing.
As he became older, Luke’s body started to falter, and injuries began creeping up on him.
It is these trials and tribulations, which shaped his respect and enthusiasm for understanding the machine that is our body.
“We spend so much effort, time and money on our work, car and social lives, surely we can make the time to take care of the machine that takes care of you.”
After spending hours on the physiotherapist table during his soccer years, he decided it was time to start his journey towards turning a negative into a positive and begin the career he now has.
Luke graduated from the University of Wollongong in 2004 with a Bachelor Of Science Degree, Majoring in Exercise Science.
He went on to complete a Master’s In Chiropractic from Macquarie University in 2009.
Since then, Luke has furthered his studies, completing:
- Active Release Technique (ART) – Full Body Certified and Instructor
- Musculo-Skeletal Dry needling
- Kinesio-taping (Rock Tape)
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilisation (DNS)
- Running Technician (team at Enhance Running)
- Functional Movement Screening Practitioner (FMS)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA) / Advanced SFMA
- TPI Certified
- IASTM – FAKTR and Rockblade certified
He also holds professional memberships with:
- Sports Medicine Australia (SMA)
- Sports Chiropractic Australia (SCA)
- International Society of Clinical Rehab Specialist (ISCRS)
Luke is dedicated to staying current and involved in the latest research and treatment methods.
It is with this education and life experience, which his drive to provide care for, motivate and educate people on the importance of their health.