The following in order of importance are especially beneficial to women’s health:
- Bone broth – if you want beautiful hair, skin and nails, bone broth made from organic meats is a great place to start. Many people focus on beauty by undergoing expensive treatments and applying liberal amounts of creams and serums, but effortless beauty starts on the inside and is 900% more effective than topical creams. Bone broth is packed full of nutrients like amino acids and gelatin, is easily digestible, great for your immune system and joints and can help to repair gut issues you may have from consuming too many grains and sweets over the years. It is cost effective and is so easy to make, check out this 50-second video: https://youtu.be/8F5e3nro_RA
- Greens are excellent for boosting folate and iron levels, which are essential for boosting energy in women – iron supplements are very difficult to digest. These nutrients are also critical in women considering pregnancy. Which greens? Salad greens like lettuce, baby spinach, kale, beet greens, broccoli, and herbs such as parsley, basil, coriander, thyme and oregano. Sage in particular is very powerful to alleviate menstrual pain.
- Organic eggs, especially the runny yolk is easily digestible and contains the amino acids lutein and choline, which help balance female hormones. They are also high in Vitamin D and E, which are great for the skin. The phospholipids in eggs also boost brainpower.
- Berries – especially blueberries, raspberries, and cranberries are very cleansing for the urinary tract. Berries are also powerful antioxidants, which prevent skin aging and sunspots. Pomegranate is not a berry, but has the same cleansing antioxidant effect. My personal favourite is blueberries because they taste great in smoothies.
- Flax Seed is high in fibre and essential fats, which promotes healthy skin and hair (anti-aging and hormone balancing). They are also high in a special type of antioxidant called lignans, which eliminate yeast and candida from the body. The best use of flax seed is in your morning smoothie by soaking two flat tablespoons overnight. Avoid buying and using pre-ground flax seed, ‘golden’ flax seed is the highest in lignans.
Join us at Upgrade Your Life 2019 to learn about how what you eat can affect your lifestyle.